Monday 24 March 2014

10 Things I love about Pinterest!

One of my favorite websites and new-ish obsessions is Pinterest. I’m sure you know what it is and most of you are probably as crazy about it as me, but if you haven’t heard about it, Pinterest is an internet platform for collecting and organizing things you love.

Let me explain that. Are one of those (like I used to) that favorites all the interesting websites and then you end up with about a thousand links for websites on your navigation bar you can’t even remember what are they there for or if you’re actually looking for one in particular it can take you ages to find it in between so many? Well, with Pinterest you can keep them all store online and categorized as you like.

You can find just about anything in there so say you like looking up recipes and make up, you can do a ‘Board’ called ‘Recipes’ and another one called ‘Make Up’ and then search the millions of recipes and ‘pin’ the ones you like and ‘store’ them in the correct board you’ve just created. Then next time you want to have a look at that recipe in particular you can just visit your Pinterest and find it straight away.

Honestly, it’s the best thing ever! That’s why I decided to do a list with 10 reasons why I love Pinterest.

  • It's my new Google. I barely use Google anymore. I can find pretty much everything I'm looking for on Pinterest and in most ocassions I find it a lot quicker and easier!
  • Make-Up and Hair tutorials. Type make up tutorials and there will be thousands of photos with the tutorials so you can see straight away if you're interested or not. (And most of them will lead you to blogs that you've never visited before!)
  • Clothes. There is just so many ideas in there for us the not-very fashionable ones!
  • Home décor. I've created my whole future home on Pinterest. Ideas for walls, furniture, anything really! I tell you now, my Pinterest house is amazing!
  • Tips and How To's. It doesn't matter what kind of tips you're looking for, you'll find them on Pinterest and most of them will be personal tips which I always find million times better than commercial ones! Same with How to guides. 
  • Travelling. I've been planning our trip to America for ages and trust me, the most sucessful links I've found have been on Pinterest.
  • DIY's. There is thousands of craft's, clothes, décor and pretty much any DIY you might be looking for.
  • Recipes. As much as I love cooking sometimes I lose the inspiration. Then I look on Pinterest and I get it all back within seconds! 
  • Weddings. If you know me, you should know how much I adore weddings and thanks to Pinterest I already have mine planned (in my head and on my board of course). When I'm actually planning my real wedding I won't have much more to do.
  • It's fun! Trust me, once you get the hang on if you will spend hours 'pinning' and it'll only seem like you've been on it for 5 minutes!

Now I've told you the reasons why I love Pinterest, whether you already knew about it or you've just signed up because I've convinced you how amazing it is visit my Pinterest and follow me! I pin pretty much every day and I pin pretty things! <3



Also, don't forget to enter my Sunkissed Give Away here! <3

Adiós Amigas!
xxx


10 comments:

  1. Your post is so in time for me. I've been thinking about joining Pinterest for the last couple of days and I think it's really worth a try now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, do it! It's really good but I must warn you, it's very addictive! :) enjoy your pinning! x

      Delete
  2. I recently joined pinterest too! I love it, I'm also always looking at wedding ideas too :)
    Rachel
    StrawberrySundaes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many! Like I said, my entire wedding is planned already on there! haha Make sure you follow me so I can follow you back and see your wedding pins too :) x

      Delete
  3. most accurate thing about Pinterest ever! :D

    "I've created my whole future home on Pinterest." - by the way you're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post! <3 we can dream about our future home, can't we?! :)

      Delete
  4. I feel exactly the same way about my future wedding haha It is definitely going to be in a barn, everyone surrounded by fairylights and very rural hahaha Oh, and there are the DIYs as well. So many great ideas there... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yessss! i'm even considering wearing cowboy boots! haha

      Delete
  5. umm I get lost for hours, no days on this website.
    xx, Michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! So I just nominated you for the Liebster Award :) You can read about it on my blog: thebeautypieblog.blogspot.com Congrats and I can't wait to read your response!

    Miriam <3

    ReplyDelete