Sunday 20 April 2014

My favorite place in the world!

Hey guys!

Today I’m going to write about my favorite place in the whole world and no, believe it or not, it’s not my bed on the contrary of what people who know me well would think!


The place I want to tell you about is situated about two hours away from my birth place Barcelona and its called Calella de Palafrugell (not to confuse it with just Calella, a place not near enough as nice as this one).


I am a sucker for little towns and villages especially if they’re by the sea. Growing up in Barcelona I’ve been surrounded by water pretty much all my life and seeing the sea almost every day is something I miss dearly. Sure I can go to Cardiff Bay and see the sea any time here, but it’s just not the same. 

Right so this little fishermen’s village has no more than 2000 habitants and there’s only a few little shops and about ten restaurants. What I like the most about Calella de Palafrugell is the crystal clear water, you can literally see the fish swimming around your feet without having to wear goggles, it’s amazing!



I have lost the count on how many times I’ve been there and every single time I fall in love with the place all over again. Rainy and stormy or sunny and warm, it doesn’t matter, it’s absolutely beautiful both ways!

Something else that makes it stunning to me it’s the little boats at the beach. Yes, sometimes if it’s busy they can get a little bit annoying as they take quite a lot of space that you can’t use then to put your own towel down but hey, it’s so worth it! I don’t know what it is about the boats, it makes it very special and real.


So if you’re ever near Barcelona, especially if you’re around the Costa Brava (Girona) visiting Calella de Palafrugell is a MUST. If you like seafood order a Catalan ‘Fideuá’ (similar to Paella but sooooo much better!) and fried calamari and seat outside right in front of the beach. It will be a meal you’ll never forget! 


Have you ever been to Calella de Palafrugell? What's your favorite place in the whole world?

Adiós amigas!





3 comments:

  1. Great Post, It sounds amazing I have pinned it into my places to go list. :) Thanks for sharing I love reading about places to travel. Thanks Emma xx

    Please check out my blog and leave me your feedback : http://everyonewantstosmile.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across you blog after researching for our upcoming trip to Barcelona. Thanks for the tip about visiting Calella de Palafrugell! Definitely adding it to our list of places to see. PS: have fun on your trip to America! I live in Arizona, hope you enjoy it here.

    xo
    Mandy
    Saguaros & Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy it!
      Please let me know if you do go what you think of it. I garantee you wont regret it! .D

      Thank you, we plan to enjoy every single day in America! Less than 40 days now!
      xxx

      Delete