Monday 2 June 2014

L'Oreal Paris Ombré Kit Review (2/5)


First of all, I know, I know what you’re all thinking; you’re a bit late with the whole ombré fashion. I realize I’m about two years late but I don’t care. I’m not the most adventurous person when it comes to my hair so it’s taken me a while to go for it.

Going to the hair dressers wasn’t even an option as I’m trying to save as much money as I can our trip to America so I looked at about a hundred reviews online from different products and in the end I decided to go for the L’Oreal Paris Wild Ombrés Kit as it was only 6.99 at Boots. I got the 060 shade which is for medium to dark brown hair. (I apologize for the bad quality photos, I’ve taken them with my phone!).

Right, so I read a lot of reviews and most of them were good. There were some people with thick dark brown hair saying it was perfect and a good buy and all that so I thought it’d be great for me as my hair’s really thin and normally it catches the colour quite well. 

I started by reading the instructions carefully and watching YouTube video tutorials. I followed the instructions 100% but I must say I did not get the desired look.

While dying my hair I notice the really strong smell, it made my eyes cry!


After washing and blow-drying my hair I could barely see any difference except a couple of bits of my hair which looked quite orange and in a straight line because of the brush that you’re given with the kit. It looked patchy and just wrong.


I decided not to panic and seeing that I still had plenty left in the bottle I decided to re-apply it, this time with my hands instead of the brush to get a more uneven look. I left it for another 45 minutes and washed it again.

This time it turned out a little bit better. Still not the colour that says that you’ll get in the box photos but so much better than the first time. I don’t recommend dying your hair twice on the same day but I’m just ridiculously impatient and I couldn’t wait a few days to finish it.


I ended up having quite a mixture of colours from red to orange to ashy blonde. To be honest, I don’t completely dislike it but it’s definitely not what it says in the box. Would I recommend it? From now personal opinion, no, I wouldn’t. But like I said, I read loads of reviews of people whom for them it has worked perfectly so if you really want it, give it a try! 

I might get another Kit in a couple of weeks and see if it works better now it’s a little bit lighter.

(here's styled and with some make up on, sooo much better!)


Have you ever tried this Ombré Kit? Did it work for you? What do you think of the final result?

Adiós amigas!


1 comment:

  1. I love your hair ! You look so beautiful ! I'm blonde, so I didn't use it haha, but I love the result on you !
    Love, xxx
    Lauraline

    ReplyDelete