Thursday 20 March 2014

There is no place like home...

My boyfriend and I are moving in together in a couple of months and believe it or not, we’ve already started buying a million things for our new place. We want to make this rented apartment our home, very personal and comfortable.

Let’s start with some images of the two floor apartment we’ll be moving in. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the photos. I shall take better ones once we move in.


The Living Room


First, I must say that as soon as we walked in there the first time I fell in love with the laminated floor. Being originally from Spain, I’m used to tiled and laminated floors and I absolutely hate carpet. I do understand that in the UK sometimes it's almost necessary because of the weather and surely it makes the place warmer but me and carpets just don’t get along. I guess I rather have cold feet than having to hover every day and being careful not to drop anything in a very clear coloured carpet.

One thing I dislike about the living room is the big red wall at the end by the stairs. Red’s definitely not the color I would chose for my living room. I find it a little bit too aggressive and I will be asking our landlord if we’re allowed to paint that wall over. Hopefully he’ll say yes and if he does say that we’re allowed to paint it I’d probably go for a grey-blue color. I especially like the Jamestown Blue shown below.




We will also be getting rid of the most of the furniture as we have our own. Jac has a ridiculously big collection of DVD’s, CD’s and videogames so we bought a huge shelve unit to display them all. I’d prefer to keep them hidden but we couldn't really find anything else suitable for the place. I also have plenty of books so we’ll be displaying them too.

We’ve decided I wouldn’t do the living room ‘too girly’ and it’s looking very hard for me not to because everything I want to buy for it is girly!


The Kitchen


The kitchen is very small, we’d be lucky if four people fits in it but then again, it won’t be very often when there are four people in our kitchen.

I adore white kitchens with wooden surfaces and even though we can’t appreciate it on this photo, there is plenty of storage room behind the door too which will be handy because I seem to have an obsession with kitchen utensils.
I love the fact that everything in this kitchen is brand new too.


The bedrooms




















There are two bedrooms in this apartment. The first one is the one me and Jac will be sharing as it’s the master bedroom. Again, we’ll be getting rid of all the furniture but the bed.

I have my own make up dresser and drawers and this room has not one but two build-in closets so we won’t need much more furniture.

Unfortunately I haven’t got photos of the bathroom but to be honest, it’s nothing special until I make it pretty!
I will be posting a wish list for the house very soon too.

What do you think of our new house? Any suggestions or ideas to make it ‘ours’? I’d love to hear them so please leave your comments and don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’! J

Adiós amigos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment