Monday 10 March 2014

I'll see you in California...

2014 looks like it's gonna be a great year for me so I wanted to share with you guys some of the things that are happening. 

One of them is our trip to North America in July. My boyfriend and I have been saving for ages to make this vacation the holiday of our lives and it really does look like it’s gonna be amazing!

Going such a long distance for only a few days was for us something stupid so we decided to go the extra mile and stay there for a whole month! There is so much to see over there that a week or two just doesn’t do the job.

I’ll start with our first stop, Las Vegas.

I've already been to Vegas in 2007 and it was so good that I swore I'd go back again sometime. Last time I stayed in the Planet Hollywood and this time we're gonna be staying at the Luxor Hotel at the bottom of the strip.

We're in Vegas for 5 nights before moving to the next stop, Arizona.



One of my long-time dreams has always been to visit an american ranch and see the sunset sitting on a horse and finally this is gonna happen here, at the Grand Canyon Ranch.
I've been doing a lot of research about the ranch and all I can read is good stuff, so I'm well chuffed we decided to go for this one in particular. There's real cowboys singing songs while you're having dinner and there's a bonfire every night where they tell old stories about cowboys and indians.
I am so excited about this! 
So, we'll be staying here for two night before going back to Las Vegas for one more night, this time in the Ceaser's Palace!

The next day we'll have to get up very early to pick up a car and drive to San Francisco. 
Oh, I haven't mentioned that the car we've booked is a mustang convertible so wait for the tacky 'middle of the desert with a yellow mustang convertible' photo, cuz it's happening!
There's a lot we want to see in the way, Ghost Town in particular. 




Aparently it's an old western town in the middle of the nowhere. Of course nobody lives there anymore but all the buildings are intact, so like the name suggests, it's like a ghost town. 

So, we're expecting to arrive in San Francisco in the evening/night.




I remember watching 'That's Raven' and 'Charmed' when I was younger and always wanted to see those beautiful hills and streets. Apart from Alcatraz, the golden gate bridge and a few more things, we've realised we don't really know what else is in San Francisco so we've spent hours typing 'things to do in San Francisco' and the list is ridiculously large so I'm sure we won't have any time to feel like we don't know what to do! 
We'll be staying in Union Square for 4 nights before picking up another rental car for 8 days.

Here's when it get's tricky. Up until now, all the hotels have been booked and we have a plan, but from the moment we pick up the car on the 13th, we literally have no idea what we're doing until the 21st when we have to return the car in Los Angeles.




So, we're gonna be driving down the California Coast, the famous Highway 1 for about 6 days stopping along the way and seeing as much as we can possibly see!

Before we arrive to Los Angeles we're stopping in Joshua Tree National Park to visit some of Jac's family who live and work there. They work in a summer camp so they'll be able to show us around and I'm sure there will be loads of activities for us to do!




Once we leave Joshua Tree behind we'll be driving to our next stop, Los Angeles where we'll spend the rest of our holidays until the 31st and we'll do day trips to San Diego, Tijuana and other places we're still deciding too.




So here's another place we've all seen in the movies and on tv, but we really want to explore it properly. Of course we'll go to all the tourist places and maybe even do a tour around the celebrity houses but I really am taking my time here to discover the real L.A. The L.A that we don't see in movies and hopefully we'll see something spectacular.



This trip is only three months and a half away but it feels like it can't come soon enough! It will definately be a huge experience and I can't wait to write about everything we see over there! So stay tune!


Have you been to any of those places? Do you have any suggestions or tips for us? 

Adiós amigos! 







4 comments:

  1. ¡¡¡Madredelamorhermoso!!! ¡Qué pedazo viaje, Montse! Me he emocionado mucho leyendo sobre la ruta que tenéis planeada. Lo del rancho suena taaaan bien. Y lo de San Francisco... Y todo en general, en realidad.
    Me alegro un montón de que puedas hacer este viaje. Espero que lo documentes bien bien porque tengo intención de leerme todo lo que escribas sobre vuestras aventuras por esos lares y morirme de la envidia xD

    Un besazo y ánimo con este nuevo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias! :D Tengo unas ganas ya... desde que dimos el deposito en la agencia de viajes en septiembre... jaja ya escribiré todo lo que pueda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so so lucky... Ghost Town sounds amazing! And being able to go to LA... That's my dream trip.

    A lifestyle blog sounds great. There are many product blogs (like mine) and it is awesome to read them when you are searching for something new to try, but there is nothing like a lifestyle blog to disconnect and see new real things.

    You definitely have a new follower via bloglovin' and here (when I find out how) =)

    PS: I've just read you are a bit of a lipstick addict and that is something we have in common haha Lately, I'm addicted to crimson and dark purple tones =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you very much! <3

      I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. I can't wait for the trip, i'll make sure i write all about it when i come back! :)

      x

      Delete