Tuesday 11 March 2014

The last seven years of my life - Personal Post

This post is a little bit of a personal one. You see, I woke up at 6am and I’m not sure why but the last seven years of my life came up to my head and I felt the urge to write about it. Is that weird? I don’t know, but anyway, the last seven years have been a very crazy rollercoaster. I’ve cried, I laughed and I’ve grown up a lot. I’ve learnt to be happy. I believe this is gonna be a rather long post, so if you like stories sit down and relax. Maybe grab a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits to make it a little bit more bearable. If on the contrary you don’t like reading about other people’s life I suggest you go and do something else. What I’m trying to do here is to show how I’ve coped with some stuff (specially love) I’ve had to deal with and hopefully I might be able to help someone in the same situation. Or just simply entertain.

2007 was a year of change. I just finished my degree in nursing and I was working as a nurse in a very busy hospital back in Spain. Everything was cool and easy, so I decided to make my life a little bit more complicated and move to the UK. Why? You may ask. Why would you leave sunny Spain to come to Britain? Why would you leave a perfect job, and the perfect situation of living at home with a family you get on perfectly and where you don’t have to pay any rent, bills or worry about laundry and food shopping? Well, I was bored. Back then, at only 19, easy was boring. I needed some excitement, something new. So the 13th of January of that year I moved to London. It wasn’t great. I used to love London before I moved there. My friends and I had been there about 10 times before and it had always been a blast, but living there alone was a completely different story. I found myself feeling very lonely and it was very hard to make friends. Exactly at the same time, my best friend Marta moved to Cardiff so I came down to visit a couple of times while in London and I just loved it. I thought the people in Cardiff were a lot more welcoming than in London. After four months of being in the capital, I still hadn’t found any friends or a proper job so I decided to change my life again by moving to Wales and to be honest, that was the best decision of my life, and the reason I am the person I am today.

So the first year was so much fun. Living with your best friend is a lot better than living with people you don’t know in a very crowded city. We worked and went out a lot and I met some amazing people who I’m still friends with nowadays.  So yeh, 2007 was a pretty amazing year.

I was a bit of a poser back then.


In 2008 I met my first love.

Oh, the joys of being in love for the first time. That relationship was definitely crazy. Everything happened really fast and stupidly we ended up living together within three months. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.  If you want an easy relationship you shouldn’t move in before you actually know the person very well and in my opinion, three months is not long enough to get to know someone properly. Now, I’m not saying that it can’t work. Of course, for some people might be different, but I believe 90% of time it’s not a good idea.

I cried a lot that year. The guy just didn’t treat me right. He cheated on me about a thousand times and me, being stupid as I was back then, I let him keep doing it because I loved him and I could not imagine my life without him. What a mistake. I didn’t know what love was at that point, I thought I did, but love should be easy. Love is being happy all the time and I clearly wasn’t. I made the mistake of concentrating on him and not on my friends, and that is something I will regret for the rest of my life.

I have a little bit of a love-hate relationship with 2009. That’s the year everything changed, again. After putting up with that relationship for about a year and half I realized I’ve had enough. The moment I finally woke up and thought ‘I deserve better’ was the best. The few months weren’t so great.
I couldn’t bear the thought of seeing him around, with of course another girl straight away, so I moved back to Spain for a few months to clear my head. It was probably the worst decision I’ve ever made and if you’re going through a break up, I definitely wouldn’t think of moving anywhere just because of him. He’s clearly hurt you enough; you don’t want him to take away the good things that you have where you live. I felt all the emotions you feel after a break up. I felt sad, angry, a little bit crazy even and the worst of all, I keep thinking, now what?

My friends in Spain helped me a lot to get back on track, and I’ll always be thankful to them for that. Something else that believe it or not helped a lot, was a book call ‘It’s called break up cuz’ it’s broken’ by Greg Behrendt. I highly recommend it and I will make sure I do a post about it cuz it really deserves five stars.



After four months I decided to come back to Cardiff and face my fears of seeing him. And oh I saw them everywhere. It seemed like we’d decide to go to the same places all the time, and I’m not saying just out clubbing, I’d even see him in the shop! It wasn’t great, but believe it or not, seeing him again made me stronger. Of course the first time was shocking and I probably spent the next three days crying but hey, it got better.

In 2010 I started a job in a very busy night club and to be honest, it was probably one of the most fun jobs ever. I met so many amazing people and I spent pretty much all year partying and getting over my first love. The new environment helped me a lot. Not much more to say about 2010 to be honest. Mostly partying, drinking and making friends.

In 2011 I started another relationship. This one was somehow different to the last one. It was easier, but in my eyes, lacked of passion. It was quite a long one too and at the time I enjoyed it. It wasn’t near as bad as my first one, in fact, it wasn’t bad at all, it was just plain. You see I’m a person who needs adventure, drive to do things and I need to get excited about something every day and that year I just didn’t feel excited about much.
I got to visit loads of places tho, including New York, which was fantastic!

In Times Square with dad <3


The relationship continued until mid 2012. After it ended I thought, oh, here we go again, back to the sad and rainy days I once lived, but to my surprise I realized that wasn’t the case. This break up was so much easier. I literally cried for a couple of days and moved on. I guess after the first heart breaking break-up I was not gonna let this one affect me that much. I also wasn’t as in love as I was the first time. 

In 2012 I also met the person who makes me the happiest right now. To be honest, the first time I met Jac I never thought we’d end up together. We got on so well straight away but he had a girlfriend back then and it was just something unthinkable. But I believe everything happens for a reason and we were meant to meet and that exact time.
One of the best years of my life was last year. 2013 was just amazing. January 2013 Jac and I met again and this time he was single and everything was so different.
Although he’s from Cardiff he was studying in Worcester so the beginning was a little bit of a long-distance relationship but looking back, I would not change a single thing. Sure it was hard. We didn’t have the typical honeymoon period when you spend hours and hours with that person constantly kissing but we surely did the most of the few days that we saw each other and it definitely made us stronger as a couple.



It’s 2014 now and we’re still perfectly in love. We’re moving in together in a couple of months and doing the amazing trip on the previous post.
I do believe I’ve found my soul mate and I hope I’m able to talk about our future wedding, kids and other adventures on here eventually. 

I don’t really know why I did this post, now looking at it, it’s a lot of rubbish, but it’s my rubbish. My life. My experiences. I just wanted to share them and I hope I haven’t bored you too much!

Adiós amigos!

5 comments:

  1. Estic molt contenta de sapigue que, malgrat tot el que has hagut de passar, ara ets feliç.

    ...I don't know why I wrote that in Catalan, it's just felt right to write it like this xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! <3

    Que sapigues que estás invitada a la boda! jaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *0*

      Doncs avisa'm amb temps, que m'hauré de buscar un bon vestit! jajaja

      Delete
  3. jaja tranquila que tindrás temps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very personal post - thx u for sharing this with us. you both are so cute 2gether! :) x

    ReplyDelete